Monday, December 22, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
On Monday, Casey just happened to open up the free section and notice there was a 57" HDTV listed. It had only been online for 1 minute and he called on it. They promised him that we could come and get it, so we went and got it yesterday in West Jordan. The TV wasn't working right, so Casey looked it up online, and turns out that everyone who owns this model of TV has the same problem.... when the TV gets to be 6 years old, something happens and the screen goes totally green, then turns off. So Casey looked online some more and found the solution. You have to turn one screw about 1/8th of a turn and whalah, fixed. So we picked up the TV last night (thanks for the help, Andy) and brought it home. Casey took out a few screws to get inside and then turned that one screw a little bit, and tah-dah, fixed. It took about 10 minutes to fix.
So now we have this beauty sitting in our living room. It's HUGE all around, I'll have to get rid of my entertainment center (it's all your's, Andy), because the TV is bigger than the entertainment center.
So here is our free TV, I guess it did cost about $15 in gas to pick up, but that's it!
Also, in about October, we noticed this basketball hoop listed for free in Harrisville, so we picked it up for free too. It is a really nice hoop, Casey loves it.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
A couple of weeks ago, the Haws family had a "yankee swap" for our Christmas presents to each other. Thanks to Brady, Casey got this "AWESOME NERF GUN". He and Benson love to play with it. Although I have to keep reminding Casey....
WE DON'T POINT GUNS AT PEOPLE!!!!!!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
♥ Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
♥ Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
♥ Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I love organization!!! But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm a clean person. Since I'm home all day long, I usually try to do some cleaning around the house. A lot of time, my "cleaning" turns into organizing. I'll go to put something away in the closet and end up re-arranging the whole closet. Today I thought I would do some laundry. I separated the laundry into separate categories of items that needed to be hung, jeans, socks, towels, unders, etc. And then I left them on my bed. If they were in one big pile, they would drive me crazy, but since they are separated like that, it is not a problem at all.
2. I love lists. (Stole this one from Jordan). I am obsessed with making lists for myself and for other people. And, to go along with this obsession, I also love list paper (you know those pads of paper with lines labeled "to do")... The other day, I bought 5 pads of list paper because I didn't know when I would find it again! Just like Jord, when I make lists, I often write things that I have already done on them so I can check them off, and then I'll leave the list out so Casey can see how much I did.
3. I am a semi-violent person. When something pops into my head, I'll often hit the nearest person to me and shout whatever I thought of as loud as I can. This really bugs Casey and he has to keep reminding me not to do it. I often have the urge to hit people and sometimes even bite... I know, beware!
4. I love even numbers. I will only say the prayer if it's an even number day, otherwise, it's Casey's turn. I didn't want to get married on an odd numbered day and when we were going to schedule Benson to be born, I had to make sure it was going to be an even numbered day. This is a little different, but if I ever set an alarm clock (I rarely do), I have to have the first and last number be the same for instance: 6:16, 5:45, 3:23, 7:07, etc.
5. I love fancy socks. Up until this summer, I did not own a pair of plain, white socks. It was starting to get out of control and I was beginning to look silly, so I broke down and bought white ankle socks. But they don't count cause you can't even see them when you wear them.
6. I love the Internet. There are certain sites (woot.com, ksl, blogs, email, my bank) that I check multiple times a day. Most of the time, there isn't anything new, but just in case there is, I will keep checking! The worst part is, that woot.com is only one thing per day, and still, I'll check it like 4 or 5 times cause what if they just happen to change it? Woot-offs are the worst! You can just count me out for the whole day!
7. I love getting a good deal! (oops, I did 7 quirks) I will often buy things I DO NOT NEED just because they are a good deal, hence woot. I will buy things at costco because it seems like buying in bulk is such a money saver, when I'll never use 4500 rolls of paper towels. I always think that I won't be able to find a good deal again or I'll justify buying something because "I might need it someday".... We have 50 cans of pork & beans downstairs because they were on sale. And I HATE PORK & BEANS.
That was fun. I tag: Judi, Chelsey (invite me to your blog!!!), Emily, McKenzie, Krystal, and Candace.... but only if you guys want to.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Credits: Everything used from Shabby Princess "twas the night" kit.