Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Cleaning the Bathroom and the Baby

Today is Wednesday, which means it's bathroom cleaning day. Believe it or not, this is actually my favorite day for cleaning. Even though the bathroom is the yuckiest room in the house, I love cleaning it. After I get done, I feel so good and it seems like the whole room sparkles.

I was putting away the bath toys (Benson's, not Casey's) and I got thinking about my life right now. I love this time in my life. I absolutely love these two gross boys I live with and I love taking care of them. Benson got two baths yesterday. He had a bit of an explosion while he was jumping in his jumperoo. I was a little bugged that I had to administer another cleaning for the day, but as I was giving Benson a bath, I really fell in love with him all over again. We had so much fun fishing in the bath together and for once, I was actually pretty good at fishing. I really enjoy being with Benson. He is such a sweet baby and I love playing with him and teaching him. I love that when he fusses or when he's sad, he wants his mom. And I even love that when he has an explosion, it's me that gets to clean him up and then clean the bathroom too.

Just some thoughts....

5 comments:

Em Russ said...

man, how come you're so much better at being a mom than me? Bathroom cleaning day?? That's the sort of stuff I dream about doing (seriously). You're amazing Nat and I can't wait to meet that sweet (bald) little Benson!

Jan Haws said...

What a sweet mom and a sweet post. It is fun to watch you be a mom.

Judi said...

William is on his second set of clothes today and it is only noon! Oh I love babies!!! I can't wait to see benson on monday. I bet he is huge!

Nancy Mc said...

Loved this post. Added you to my list of friends & fam. (hope that is OK) I love that lots of days you get to fall in love with your kids all over again! (and it keeps happening even when they are 29)Being a MOM is the BEST! and I think that you must be a wonderful one!

The Moss Family said...

You have been tagged, go to my blog to see what this is all about!