Thursday, April 29, 2010

you take the cake

My sister, Tami and my sister-in-law, McKenzie and I are taking a cake class. It has been SO much fun. I love coming home every week with a different cake (and so do Casey and Benson). Here are some of the cakes I've made in my cake class. I've also learned some stuff about cupcakes too, but I don't have pictures of those cause they got eaten too fast.





Also, as a side note:

So, last night at 7:55, 5 minutes before my class was supposed to end, Casey called to see if I was coming home soon and to ask how to get Molly to eat. I told him to hang on and I would be home soon. When I got home from my cake class, a very messy Benson ran out to me. Casey was holding Molly, who had red eyes from crying. Casey said "I don't know how to make everything stop smelling like poop. I cleaned her up and I washed my hands like 5 times, but I still smell the poop!" I came into a house completely torn apart. Benson was asking me to do something and Casey kept telling me that he didn't know how to make Molly eat. Benson fried Casey's computer and there was paper shredded in the living room. There was poop over here and spit up over there. Molly had one sock on and no pants. Poor Casey was completely frazzled as he told me, "I don't know how you ever get anything productive done!!!"

And to think that he WANTED me to get out and find a hobby! What a sweetheart!

4 comments:

Casey said...

I'm really not that much of a doofus....

aje said...

Love this post! And Congrats on the anniversary of pictures - has it really been that long?! Seems like yesterday...

Sometimes it's nice to hear when husbands (or wives, too) get a taste for what goes on while they are gone! ;o) (You know - "absence makes the heart grow fonder" kind of thing...)

Tami said...

I laughed so hard when I read Nat's description of her coming home. Casey, you are a really good dad, Molly is just very picky with how she gets her food! :) Anyway, Nat your cakes are cute and I can't wait to do the next class. Hopefully it's not stressful! Love ya.

Jeff and Susan said...

What would i do without you two, me and jeff are laughing so hard!!!! LIFE WITH KIDS!!!!