Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Head Wound

Here's another story...

Our Tahoe has been in repair since our last post here. Nothing Casey can't fix (with the help of his dad), so we are happy. Casey took the car yesterday and left me home with no way of transportation besides my bike. Since I've had kids, I've never been without a car and it's never really mattered before, so we figured it would be fine.

I decided I was going to take the kids for a ride in the trailer on my bike. I let them play on the grass while I got it all hooked up. While I was doing that, I saw Benson pick Molly up. I guess she had started to crawl on the cement, so he picked her up so she wouldn't get hurt (and carried her across the cement). I told him to put her down on the grass so she wouldn't fall on the cement and get hurt. I started walking over to them when he put her down. On the grass, but also right on the corner of the wooden ladder to the slide. Head first.

I got to her before she started crying and she didn't cry too bad until I started freaking out because of the gash on her head and the blood spewing from it. I took her in and got her cleaned up. Benson followed me WAILING!!! I thought he was upset because he had just hurt his sister so badly, but no... he was going nuts because he had gotten some of her blood on his leg. Oh, what a poor child.

I called Casey. Oh yeah, his phone is broken. So I called his work phone, no answer. Texted, no answer. Emailed, no answer. Called again, no answer. I took inventory of my neighbors that I trust and neither of them were home. Took inventory of our family close by... then Casey called. He didn't have service, so he couldn't get my calls, but he got my email. He was having a bit of a work emergency because some printers weren't working, so he couldn't come to attend to OUR emergency at the moment.

I wasn't sure if she needed stitches or not. I called my pediatrician and he said to bring her in and they would look at her. If she needed medical attention, they would check her in to his office, if not, they would send us home with no cost or anything. So when Casey got home, we took her in and they said it needed to be glued. So she got her head glued shut.

Besides the initial crying for about 3 minutes, Molly hasn't seemed to upset about the whole thing. And besides the initial crying for about 3 minutes about blood on his leg, Benson hasn't seemed upset either.

Hopefully nothing happens today because once again, I am home without a car. It is raining, though, and I need to take Benson to Joy School in 2 hours. I guess we will ride my bike, rain or shine.

Please excuse the cell phone picture. It's hard to see. Right on her hair line above her forehead.

3 comments:

Dan and Julie Fisher said...

you have the funniest stories. Doesn't life seem to go that way though? When you need a car, you don't have it. Hopefully the other car gets fixed soon!
Where does Benson go to joy school? We have been looking for one for my nephew.

Em Russ said...

poor baby!! you crack me up though!!

Tami said...

I think the part that makes me laugh the hardest is the fact that Benson was freaking out because he got Molly's blood on his leg. You're right...poor child.
Hey, at least her cut is in her hairline. She will probably never see the scar, or wait-maybe it will show up since it is right by the hairline. Either way, I'm glad she's okay. I love the picture and the fat that she's still smiling and happy and playing with whatever she is playing with.
Oh wow, I love your kids.