Wednesday, September 15, 2010

We would be sleeping...

It is 2:35 a.m. As I write this. I am up feeding Molly because despite popular belief that my children do not wake up in the night, here we are. I think she is teething and needs some special love in the middle of the night. As I sit here feeding her and typing on my iPhone, I cannot help but think about the millions of moms (or dads) that will be up tonight with their babies. Rocking them to sleep, soothing their hurt tummies, or trying some strange bouncing and walking acts to get the kiddo back to sleep (Krystal).

When I think of it like that, I don't feel that bad to be up right now. I am part of an elite team of "special forces" like many others across the world. We are called in when the going gets tough. Because we are the only ones skillful enough to be so effective on so little sleep.

Yeah, I'll think of it that way. That will help. Nope. It won't. I'm still really tired, special forces or not.

2 comments:

Em Russ said...

ha ha ha... next time you're up you should give me a call!!

Krystal said...

I love you Natalie, and I am right there with ya...special forces...I'll try that one tonight and see if I can talk myself into it ;)