Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother's Day

Yesterday Casey mentioned that he needed to get me a gift for Mother's Day. I have thought a lot about Mother's Day, but I was thinking about it for our moms and grandmas... not for me.

So since this is my first official Mother's Day being a mom (I was pregnant last year), I wanted to write my top 5 favorite things about being a mom:


5. I've never counted so much... breaths in the middle of the night, bites of rice cereal (43 1/2 is our record), minutes he nurses (3 hours is our record), messy diapers at 4 a.m., times I do laundry in a day, dishes I wash, etc. I must be getting pretty smart!

4. I get the coolest partner to help me figure all of this junk out. Sometimes I feel like a detective or something and Casey is my partner fighting crime.

3. This mom business is exciting! I can't believe how happy I get when Benson does little things like sits-up, rolls over, puts his toes in his mouth, puts food in his mouth, learns how to splash in the tub, or even sometimes when he poops after a while... but my favorite thing he's learned is how to giggle. Laughing with my baby is the most precious thing I have ever experienced.

2. He always wants his mom... and that's ME!!! Whenever he's tired, sad, hurt, happy, angry, dirty, or especially hungry, he wants me. I have become a pacifier for him. LITERALLY!

1. The best thing of all is that I get to kiss those chubby cheeks and stare into those big, beautiful eyes anytime I want.

Scrapbook page of last Mother's Day. I was about 4 months pregnant.

Scrapbook page I did with some of my favorite pictures of Benson and me.

(Don't look too closely at the one of him in the front pack, I hadn't quite figured out that contraption yet and I might have been slightly strangling him.)

12 comments:

Candace said...

I love being a mom! I am glad you enjoy the little thing as much as me.

Shawnee said...

You are such a cute mom, Natalie! Between you and Emily, I get courage to get ready to jump into this mom thing! I love your scrapbook pages...did you make a template with "LOVE" or just come up with that yourself? Way cute!

Krystal said...

Being a mom is great! And your scrapbook pages are WAY cute!

Em Russ said...

I miss those chubby cheeks and big eyes. What a lucky boy that Benson is!

Nancy Mc said...

I loved what you wrote about being a mom. It is the greatest. I am glad that you enjoy it so much. Love the scrapbook pages too. I need to take lessons from you.

Jan Haws said...

I love your comments, It only gets better. Wait until Benson is old enough to be your friend.
Happy Mothers Day Natalie.

Judi said...

I laughed so hard when I read the part about benson being in the frontpack and being strangled! We call william "GP" because he is the guiny pig (sp?) child. We mess up with him a lot :)

Natalie said...

I should have cited my sources for my scrapbook pages.

The "Love" page:
Template from Moriginals.blogspot.com Paper and embellishments from Shabby Princess "Promise" collection

"Mommy and Me" page:
Template from ALW Paper from Shabby Princess "Vintage Floral" collection

Danielle and Ryan said...

So I didn't even know that you had a kid! Congratulations.

Nicole said...

You are such a wonderful mother.

Casey said...

I love you Natalie.

Judi said...

Nat, I was thinking that we could all get together maybe next weekend...we are going out of town for memorial day this weekend. Also I was thinking since we are probably all sort of poor, maybe it would be more finacially wise to do dessert instead of a full on dinner. What do you think? If you had your heart set on dinner, that's fine too. Either one would be fun!