Monday, December 22, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
On Monday, Casey just happened to open up the free section and notice there was a 57" HDTV listed. It had only been online for 1 minute and he called on it. They promised him that we could come and get it, so we went and got it yesterday in West Jordan. The TV wasn't working right, so Casey looked it up online, and turns out that everyone who owns this model of TV has the same problem.... when the TV gets to be 6 years old, something happens and the screen goes totally green, then turns off. So Casey looked online some more and found the solution. You have to turn one screw about 1/8th of a turn and whalah, fixed. So we picked up the TV last night (thanks for the help, Andy) and brought it home. Casey took out a few screws to get inside and then turned that one screw a little bit, and tah-dah, fixed. It took about 10 minutes to fix.
So now we have this beauty sitting in our living room. It's HUGE all around, I'll have to get rid of my entertainment center (it's all your's, Andy), because the TV is bigger than the entertainment center.
So here is our free TV, I guess it did cost about $15 in gas to pick up, but that's it!
Also, in about October, we noticed this basketball hoop listed for free in Harrisville, so we picked it up for free too. It is a really nice hoop, Casey loves it.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
A couple of weeks ago, the Haws family had a "yankee swap" for our Christmas presents to each other. Thanks to Brady, Casey got this "AWESOME NERF GUN". He and Benson love to play with it. Although I have to keep reminding Casey....
WE DON'T POINT GUNS AT PEOPLE!!!!!!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
♥ Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
♥ Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
♥ Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I love organization!!! But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm a clean person. Since I'm home all day long, I usually try to do some cleaning around the house. A lot of time, my "cleaning" turns into organizing. I'll go to put something away in the closet and end up re-arranging the whole closet. Today I thought I would do some laundry. I separated the laundry into separate categories of items that needed to be hung, jeans, socks, towels, unders, etc. And then I left them on my bed. If they were in one big pile, they would drive me crazy, but since they are separated like that, it is not a problem at all.
2. I love lists. (Stole this one from Jordan). I am obsessed with making lists for myself and for other people. And, to go along with this obsession, I also love list paper (you know those pads of paper with lines labeled "to do")... The other day, I bought 5 pads of list paper because I didn't know when I would find it again! Just like Jord, when I make lists, I often write things that I have already done on them so I can check them off, and then I'll leave the list out so Casey can see how much I did.
3. I am a semi-violent person. When something pops into my head, I'll often hit the nearest person to me and shout whatever I thought of as loud as I can. This really bugs Casey and he has to keep reminding me not to do it. I often have the urge to hit people and sometimes even bite... I know, beware!
4. I love even numbers. I will only say the prayer if it's an even number day, otherwise, it's Casey's turn. I didn't want to get married on an odd numbered day and when we were going to schedule Benson to be born, I had to make sure it was going to be an even numbered day. This is a little different, but if I ever set an alarm clock (I rarely do), I have to have the first and last number be the same for instance: 6:16, 5:45, 3:23, 7:07, etc.
5. I love fancy socks. Up until this summer, I did not own a pair of plain, white socks. It was starting to get out of control and I was beginning to look silly, so I broke down and bought white ankle socks. But they don't count cause you can't even see them when you wear them.
6. I love the Internet. There are certain sites (woot.com, ksl, blogs, email, my bank) that I check multiple times a day. Most of the time, there isn't anything new, but just in case there is, I will keep checking! The worst part is, that woot.com is only one thing per day, and still, I'll check it like 4 or 5 times cause what if they just happen to change it? Woot-offs are the worst! You can just count me out for the whole day!
7. I love getting a good deal! (oops, I did 7 quirks) I will often buy things I DO NOT NEED just because they are a good deal, hence woot. I will buy things at costco because it seems like buying in bulk is such a money saver, when I'll never use 4500 rolls of paper towels. I always think that I won't be able to find a good deal again or I'll justify buying something because "I might need it someday".... We have 50 cans of pork & beans downstairs because they were on sale. And I HATE PORK & BEANS.
That was fun. I tag: Judi, Chelsey (invite me to your blog!!!), Emily, McKenzie, Krystal, and Candace.... but only if you guys want to.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Credits: Everything used from Shabby Princess "twas the night" kit.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
What curious little boy wouldn't climb behind and under the tree?
This is how our Christmas tree looks now. Ornaments on the top half only. Playing with the ornaments was fun while it lasted, but I do want them to last at least until Christmas.
*NOTE: We didn't get a "Charlie Brown" tree on purpose. In fact, when we were in the forest looking for a tree, this one looked way better than the rest. But looking at it now, we realize that it is, indeed, a sad little tree. (I still love it, though)
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
He is, above everything, my very best friend. I never get sick of talking to him, laughing with him, playing games with him, and just being with him. I always want to be where he is. Sometimes I probably bug him because I never want to go somewhere if he isn't coming. If he's going to play b-ball with the guys, I always want to come. He takes such good care of me and always listens to my problems when I magically have a problem every night at midnight while he's trying to sleep. He really is my other half and I love him more everyday.
He makes me laugh constantly. I think he is the cutest little thing. I can't imagine him not being in my life. I love to kiss his chubby cheeks and hold those tiny little hands. He is such a good boy, besides wanting to hit everybody lately. I've never had many problems with Benson, and I'm really grateful that he is such a good boy.
I just love 'em. My brothers and sisters, and even my parents, are my best friends (besides Casey). We love to go to my parents and just hang out. Casey's family has been nothing but wonderful to me. They do the funnest things. They always have fun parties with the funnest games. I couldn't have asked for better in-laws
We're making more of them, and that's fun. I'm thankful for the friends I had in elementary, and even before that. Those girls are still some of my best buds. I'm thankful that they helped me grow up and were good examples for me.
I love our little house. I feel so at home here. I am grateful that Casey works hard so we aren't renting. And even more grateful that we have people to pay us rent! I love the things that Casey has done to make our house more ours. Paint, tile, rugs, towels, curtains go a long way. And I'm thankful for my washer, dryer, and dishwasher (thanks Mike & Gayle).
I honestly would be lost without it. I can't imagine going through life not knowing what I know. I feel so much comfort knowing that I can be with my family forever. That God is there, and that he loves me. That I have a savior and I can repent when I fall short. That we have guidance on the earth today, a prophet who is inspired, and people around us who can help when we need it.
For anyone who hasn't seen them, they are DISGUSTING!!! Casey got me some new ones last year for christmas because the ones I was wearing before were gross. But the new ones soon looked worse than my old ones. Anyway, I'm grateful for the comforts of life that I enjoy. For heat, air conditioning, plumbing, power, a car to drive, money for gas, food to eat, people to love, and carpet on my floor (even if it is carpet-tile).
I truly am blessed. I feel bad for all of the things I complain about. I have everything I could ever need, and more. I never go without what I need and often have too much. I hope I can stop and take a look at my life and do better. Live a better life. Serve more. Do more. Be more.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Also, I don't advertise or publicise my photography business at all (this post doesn't count?), I totally rely on word-of-mouth to keep it going. So if you know anyone needing a photographer or videographer for anything, please feel free to give them our number or website.... Thanks!!!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Here we go!!!! Off with the baby hair!
*Please note: Yes, folks, this is our infamous carpet-tile. Do not be fooled. It is neither carpet or tile, but a unique combination of both. Please do not be alarmed or confused.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Quoted from lifehacker.com:
"This website Restaurant.com sells gift certificates to participating restaurants all over the country, often offering deeply discounted prices. Right now the site is selling $25 gift certificates for $10, which isn't a bad start, but from now until Halloween, entering TREATS at the checkout applies a second 80% discount to the sales price. The result is a supremely cheap $25 gift card for just $2. Want to aim higher? The same discount applies to more expensive gift cards as well, so you can snag a $50 gift card for $4, $100 for $8, and so on. Be sure to read up on the participating restaurants before buying and check the fine print for the restaurant you plan on using it at so there aren't any surprises when the bill comes. A Restaurant.com gift card may restrict you to a minimum food purchase, for example. In the midst of financial apocalypse, this seems like a nice way to save a few bucks but still enjoy a meal out."
Last night, Casey and I bought a $25 gift certificate (for $2) to this Warehouse Steak restaurant in Ogden. The catch is.... You have to spend $35 in order to use your $25 gift certificate. So, we both ordered nice dinners and Benson got an order of french fries. We spend almost exactly $35 on dinner. Then we used our gift certificate for $25 and so our dinner only ended up being $10 (plus tip)... and the cost of the gift certificate, which was $2.
Casey made the observation that it's more like a coupon (spend $35, get $25 off!) than a gift certificate, and I agree. There aren't a ton of restaurants that participate, so if you want to check it out, go to restaurants.com before halloween!!!!
This actually isn't even on his birthday. For his birthday, I made him a basketball cake, which he hated!!! He wouldn't even touch it and when I put a taste of frosting in his mouth, he started gagging!!! So the day after his birthday, I gave him this cupcake and he devoured it! He loved it! So here are some pictures of his non-birthday.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Learning to Blow Bubbles (he's had a runny nose)
And what am I learning? I'm not really sure, I guess. Sometimes it feels like the only things I'm learning are how to cook, clean, fold, scrub, wipe, wash, rinse, load, unload, etc.
Casey says that I am Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.... but somehow that isn't exactly what I want to be.
So I'll keep on learning. Or trying to learn at least.