Thursday, May 22, 2008
I have been struggling lately with this huge dilema. Every time I go to do laundry, I am unsure which laundry detergent to use. My mom has always used the powder, and I think Casey's mom has used the liquid stuff. I have used both, and the kind I buy usually depends on which one is cheaper, but I want to know which kind you guys prefer.
I know what you are thinking: this is serious stuff. And I whole-heartedly agree. So please help me out and let me know what you think. Feel free to leave a comment if you are extremely biased toward one type.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Tring to climb out of the bathtub
Thursday, May 8, 2008
So since this is my first official Mother's Day being a mom (I was pregnant last year), I wanted to write my top 5 favorite things about being a mom:
5. I've never counted so much... breaths in the middle of the night, bites of rice cereal (43 1/2 is our record), minutes he nurses (3 hours is our record), messy diapers at 4 a.m., times I do laundry in a day, dishes I wash, etc. I must be getting pretty smart!
4. I get the coolest partner to help me figure all of this junk out. Sometimes I feel like a detective or something and Casey is my partner fighting crime.
3. This mom business is exciting! I can't believe how happy I get when Benson does little things like sits-up, rolls over, puts his toes in his mouth, puts food in his mouth, learns how to splash in the tub, or even sometimes when he poops after a while... but my favorite thing he's learned is how to giggle. Laughing with my baby is the most precious thing I have ever experienced.
2. He always wants his mom... and that's ME!!! Whenever he's tired, sad, hurt, happy, angry, dirty, or especially hungry, he wants me. I have become a pacifier for him. LITERALLY!
1. The best thing of all is that I get to kiss those chubby cheeks and stare into those big, beautiful eyes anytime I want.
Scrapbook page of last Mother's Day. I was about 4 months pregnant.
Scrapbook page I did with some of my favorite pictures of Benson and me.
(Don't look too closely at the one of him in the front pack, I hadn't quite figured out that contraption yet and I might have been slightly strangling him.)