Thursday, August 26, 2010

there is hope

Yesterday was a good day.
I felt like a good wife and mother.
Which seems like a rare thing lately.

I...
Scrubbed.
Washed.
Folded.
Vacuumed (the roomba did).
Loaded.
Unloaded.
Read stories.
Played games.
Baked cupcakes with Benson.
Let Casey golf.
Road my bike 10 miles.
Got heat exhaustion from riding.
Went to a church activity.
Rocked the babies to sleep.
Didn't complain about Casey playing soccer in the wee hours of the night.

I love days like yesterday.
They give me hope that, maybe after all, I could be a good wife and mother.

And I think it gave Casey that same hope, which he could probably use a lot of.


3 comments:

Holly said...

Are you kidding me?! I think you're a fabulous mother. Seriously....I really look up to you. And thanks for giving Tim a buddy to golf with...

Em Russ said...

uhm... if that's what it takes then I am seriously screwed!!

Clint and Sheri said...

I love this post. I am glad to see other people don't always feel like a good wife and Mother. And all those pictures of Molly are SO adorable! Oh my word, little brown eyed girls are the best!