Friday, January 28, 2011

All things in moderation

Today has just been one of those days.... The kind of day you don't want to see again for a long time.

I started the day with a vow not to turn on the computer. (I didn't ban myself from my iPhone because, let's face it, I need to be connected and I'm not trying to make myself CRAZY here.) Sometimes when I turn on the computer, I find the time passing, and my will to turn it off dwindling. The other day, I was blogging (of course) and I thought the kids were acting a little grouchy, so I figured it must be lunch time and then time for Molly's nap. When I looked at the clock, it was after 2 pm. I had been on the computer nearly all day! Where does the day go when I'm stuck in cyberspace? I'm not going to lie, once in a while I like it when the day slips away and I'm just tap tap tapping away blissfully. But those are the days when I ignore my housework and my children. Those are very selfish days.

Today wasn't going to be like that! I wanted to get a lot done today, I had big plans for myself. The day started out just fine. Breakfast, clean up breakfast, start a load of laundry, make beds, make a chore chart for Benson, make a chore chart for me, fold a load of laundry, take out the garbages, straighten our bedroom, play "memory" with Benson, pick up all of the memory cards Molly threw on the floor, Pull the sheets off the bed to be washed, take the valances off the windows to be washed, help Benson with his bubbles, pick up the living room, snacks for the kids, switch laundry from washer to dryer, put sheets in the washer, cleaned out all of the clothes that don't fit them anymore from their drawers, picked up their toys, switch laundry.... And after ALL of that, I thought it must be time for lunch, then Molly's nap. When I looked at the clock, it was only 10:30. (Jeesh!) The rest of the day continued on. We blew bubbles in our socks in the freezing cold, had purple waffles for dinner and ended up with poop in the tub, using my bare hands to get it out, and gagging. This was an unselfish day.

Now it's 11:48 pm. Although I feel completely EXHAUSTED, I can't sleep. I'm thinking about my day. I didn't stop. It was go, go, go all day! This was a better day, but I hope I don't have to have a day like today for a long time.

P.S. Molly has stolen my heart. Benson gives the best hugs. Casey is my everything.

Thanks for reading. I know this was a lame post. I can't get my thoughts together!

2 comments:

Jeff and Susan said...

I Love It Natalie! We all are the same!

Krystal said...

I am right there with ya. We have good days and bad days around here too.