Thursday, June 30, 2011

Five Years

Five years ago, this guy gave me his name.




Even though 98 % of people can't pronounce our name (including me sometimes), I'm so glad I've got it.

I love being his.

His friend.
His partner.
His accountant.
His chef.
His massage therapist.
His personal assistant.
His baby momma.
His maid.
His cheerleader.
His stylist.
His pain in the neck.
His nurse.
His personal shopper.
His ball and chain.

Believe it or not....
He is more to me than I could ever be to him.

He is....
My friend.
My supporter.
My shoulder to cry on.
My technical support.
My late night chat partner.
My hand to hold.
My yard boy.
My baby daddy.
My chauffeur.
My alarm clock.
My handyman.
My movie partner.
My genius.
My high-reacher, heavy-lifter.
My comforter.
My sole mate.

Life is, of course, never perfect for us. Just like any couple, we have our ups and downs. We have been in a particularly stressful place in life with moving and building a house... But, when all is said and done, at the end of the day, we were meant for each other. In 40 years, when it's just us and we're sitting on our back porch, I know we will be just as happy together as we were that special day 5 years ago.

Happy Anniversary, Casey Face.

6 comments:

Casey said...

I love you too. :)

Cristel said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are so cute. So fun to remember back in high school and now you two are married with kids!!! Funny how life turns out. You guys are absolute adorable together!!!

Malisa Twelves said...

happy anniversary you guys!!!

Krystal said...

Happy big 5 my friends! Love your faces.

ckkrebs said...

I know I'm a month late but happy birthday to you too! it was 5 years ago on your wedding day that I re-discovered my soul mate and we are looking forward to the big 5 years in December. Congrats to you!!!

ckkrebs said...

ha ha i meant happy anniversary not birthday....it's late