Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Christmas 2011

I know this is late, but we thought you all might want to know how our Christmas went this year.

I think this has been, easily, the most fun we've had on Christmas. It was also, quite possibly, the most stressful Christmas we've ever had.

The kids are such good ages this year. They both seemed to grasp what was going on, especially Benson. They both got so excited over every little Christmas thing, and so it really made this year a lot of fun.

But, with Christmas being on Sunday, and trying to get to church, plus 45 different Grandma's houses in one day, we had a few meltdowns along the way. Mostly from me (Natalie), but we have seen that trend now pretty much every Christmas, so we're sure a tantrum from the mom is becoming a tradition in our home. :)

Also, this year, we have been working on getting our house finished, so pretty much all of the Christmas responsibilities fell on me while Casey was building the house. And, since we didn't have a house, we had Christmas at Grandma Jan's this year. And that was a lot of fun too.

Here are some pictures...

All the Dalpias cousins on Christmas Eve


Molly got this Shopping Cart and it became one of her favorite things.


Benson in his new PJ's from Grandma Gayle


Gunner showing Benson his new spy watch


Rylee and Molly in a giant box on Christmas Eve


Christmas morning all ready to go.


Santa got Benson this battery operated 4-wheeler on KSL and his little helper fixed it up for him.


Molly got this wagon and LOVED it. She actually loves to pull it more than ride, which is fine.


She also got a helmet, in case she rode the 4-wheeler, and she wears it all the time.


Casey got a double shot, one of his lifelong dreams.


The kids on Christmas Morning


Santa's other helper made Molly this little makeup set. You can see how {here}. She LOVED it!!!! She will sit for hours (literally) and put pretend makeup all over her face.


It was FREEZING, but the kids got to go out and play with their wagon and 4-wheeler. They were a hit.



This is why Molly loves Grandpa Wayne. When it was too cold for everyone else to go out, Grandpa took her and pulled her in the wagon.



Benson and Casey playing double shot. Also a hit.


Not many pictures of the mom. It could be because of the tantrums I've been known to throw, or it could be because I was behind the camera. But, for the record, Casey got me a Chi flat iron, all of the things I need for canning, including a GIANT pot, he got me an e-reader, which I am quite fond of, and he even picked out a maternity sweater for me.

All in all, it was a wonderful Christmas, and we are looking forward to many more wonderful Christmases in our new home.

1 comment:

Em Russ said...

so fun to see your christmas set up at mom's house! I bet it was fun for them to have you there. I got a huge lump in my throat when I saw dad pulling Molly around. I know my kids are missing out, but what can I do?

And you should have taken a picture of your tantrum. That is what we do (or you should move away and then you won't have ANYONE to go visit on christmas.)