Wednesday, December 17, 2008

How Low Can You Go???

Casey and I are true fans of KSL.com's Classified section. It is one of the many sites we visit daily. We have bought a lot of things and sold one laptop on KSL.com.

On Monday, Casey just happened to open up the free section and notice there was a 57" HDTV listed. It had only been online for 1 minute and he called on it. They promised him that we could come and get it, so we went and got it yesterday in West Jordan. The TV wasn't working right, so Casey looked it up online, and turns out that everyone who owns this model of TV has the same problem.... when the TV gets to be 6 years old, something happens and the screen goes totally green, then turns off. So Casey looked online some more and found the solution. You have to turn one screw about 1/8th of a turn and whalah, fixed. So we picked up the TV last night (thanks for the help, Andy) and brought it home. Casey took out a few screws to get inside and then turned that one screw a little bit, and tah-dah, fixed. It took about 10 minutes to fix.

So now we have this beauty sitting in our living room. It's HUGE all around, I'll have to get rid of my entertainment center (it's all your's, Andy), because the TV is bigger than the entertainment center.
So here is our free TV, I guess it did cost about $15 in gas to pick up, but that's it!

Also, in about October, we noticed this basketball hoop listed for free in Harrisville, so we picked it up for free too. It is a really nice hoop, Casey loves it.


5 comments:

Lauren said...

hmm.. i need to start shopping for free stuff on KSL I love KSL I love looking for houses hoping that one day i'll have one!

Holly said...

Wow, I hardly noticed Benson right next to the TV. Nice pick up!

Tami said...

I seriously can't believe your luck with stuff like this. I guess that's what you get when you have time on your hands... Awesome find! Nick is jealous.

Chelsey said...

We love that! You freaking rock. I swear you always have the best find on KSL. You can invite us over anytime to watch a great movie on your nice new TV! Have you lost our number?

Em Russ said...

ok so I thought the tv didn't look that huge until I noticed that was Benson next to it (I just read the other comments and realized I just wrote almost exactly what Holly did... oh well!) Anyway, score on the KSL stuff!!