Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The many stages of our bathroom

This is what it looked like before we moved in.


This is what it looked like after we moved in. Carpet on the floor and baby in the tub.


We (Casey) ripped up the carpet and there was linoleum under it.


I painted the vanity. It went from off-white to chocolate brown.

Casey laying tile

Casey laying the final tile


This is what it looks like now. No carpet, no baby in the tub.

We're still trying to decide what to do with the pink tub and the flowery toilet and sink.

Any suggestions?

9 comments:

Em Russ said...

oh, I didn't get a good view of your flowery toilet (maybe I should have come to see your house huh!)

I saw on a design show once that you can paint old tubs and toilets and stuff with some special paint. I don't know if I believe it though. It probably looks crappy!

Shawnee said...

The tile and vanity look so good!

Nancy Mc said...

KEEP them! I still have a pink tub, 2 pink sinks, and a pink toilet. The tile and vanity change the whole look, so just accent in pink!!!!

Jordan said...

Oh my heck! i love the brown vanity! Okay so I wonder if you add in some olive/minty green if it would tie in the pink with the brown. I bet it would be SO cute!! I have seen lots of green and pink and brown things and I always think they are so cute together. I think a pink tub is fun cause it's different. You're creative Nat!!

Josh and Laurie said...

It looks so cute. Good job Casey on the Tiling.

Cristel said...

I totally think that if you put the right colors in the bathroom you could totally rock the pink tub! My friend had a pruple tub (on purpose) and she decorated the bathroom so cute that it ties it all in. I thought she was nuts, but she made it work!!

Danielle and Ryan said...

The pink tub is the best part! I agree with nancy and jord.

Judi said...

Hey, cute bathroom!

What's your new address so I can send you a christmas card?

Chelsey said...

Natalie,
I need your email for the famous invite! Send it to jbstowers@yahoo.com. Thanks!