Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

2008 was a good year for us. It was our first full year with Benson. It has been a lot of fun watching him grow and learn. He is such a good little boy. He can follow directions and is learning to talk to us. I feel like we are at a good point with Benson. He is starting to depend on us less, which is sort of sad, but it makes things a lot easier. It's really getting fun to play with him. We play every morning for a long time and then after lunch, he takes a really good, 2 hour nap, so I can get all of my work done while he's asleep. It's nice for me to have some time to get things done and still have time to play with him. It seems like this is a good time for our family. Our favorite thing to do is watch movies together. We love being together and spending time at home.

I really feel blessed in my life right now. Sometimes there are struggles and hard times, and trust me, everything isn't perfect. But we are doing really well. I'm really looking forward to 2009. I hope this will be a good year for us. We leave for our cruise with Tami and Nick in a week and a half, and I'm so excited to spend soem time with Casey, but I know I will miss Benson. He really is the biggest part of my life and I feel so lucky to get to spend all day with him and try to teach him. It seems like he is teaching me more and more each day.

Life is good!

3 comments:

Em Russ said...

ah Nat, you're such a good mom. I need to be better about playing with my kids. I feel like all I do is work... miss you guys. Have fun on that cruise!

Tami said...

You really do have the best child. He's one of my very favorite people in the whole world.

Krystal said...

You are going to have SO MUCH FUN on your cruise! I'm excited for you. And you will miss Benson (we just took a little two day weekend getaway without Lincoln) and you'll think of him the whole time you're gone, but the time you have alone with Casey is well worth it, and besides, it's good to miss the little guys once in awhile. I felt like when I got back to Lincoln I got to have a fresh start and it was really nice.