Monday, January 12, 2009

Coupon Chaos!!!

Bless her sweet little heart, my cousin (and good friend) Judi, taught me how to be a coupon queen!

Today was my first time doing coupons for reals and it was so wonderful! Since we are leaving on our cruise in less than a week, my objective today was mostly snacks for us for our trip and non-perishables that will last till we get back. Here are the stats on what I got:


9- cheerios snack mix
6- boxes of fruit snacks (the good kind)
6- boxes of toaster strudels
2- Honey Nut Cheerios
6- boxes of gushers
1- 4 pack of yogurt
3- soups (in the nice microwave container)
2- brocolli
2- cauliflour
6- boxes of fiber one cereal bars
2 pounds of butter
bananas
5 pounds of potatoes
1- gallon of milk
1- loaf of bread
1- syrup
1- baking powder
TOTALS
51 items
$63.76 used in coupons
$56.68 in store savings
Total spent: $43.60 spent (including tax)
Total saved: $120.44
Thanks, Judi, you have officially saved me millions of dollars (hopefully)....
Also, I wanted to make a clarification on a previous post. In the post "a friend for everyone", I posted a picture of the big boys and the little boys, but I didn't post anything about us girls (Chelsey and me). This is because Chelsey and I were the ones taking pictures. She is my very good friend and we all love the Stowers.... So there, I don't want anyone thinking that I have ill feelings, cause I don't (at least not about the Stowers).

5 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Love it, Love it. It has got to be the best way to buy groceries. Buy on sale, and use coupons if you can. You will save millions, I just know it!

Em Russ said...

whew. I'm tired just thinking about it. Good work though Nat!

Jackie Greenwood said...

Well hello, how are you guys? That is so great! I totally need to do that, great job!

Cristel said...

I need you to show me how. I have tried figuring it all out and I have no clue. I even get the sunday paper because I thought I would start doing it but I don't know how so I end up just throwing them away. PLEASE HELP. Email so I can add you to my private blog list. cristelromero1@yahoo.com Talk to you later. By the way I need to schedule a time for you to take Jett's 1st birthday pics in two months.

Chantel and Brian said...

man i wish i couldn coupon like that! i need to learn.