Monday, July 13, 2009

Two in Diapers? Let's hope not!!!

We are POTTY TRAINING!!!!!!
I let Benson choose which "undies" he wanted. As hard as I tried to get him to choose dinosaurs or "cars" or anything remotely boy-ish and cool, he chose ELMO!!!! Luckily a few of the Elmo undies have soccer balls and boyish stuff on them, so they aren't too bad.
Here is Benson showing us "elmo bum"

And... as I was taking pictures, this happened. Benson said "Benson pee pee floor"!!!
At least he knew what he was doing!
Any advice for potty training? I'd LOVE to hear it!

7 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Hope it works. Suggestions: Potty watch, cheerios in the toliet, boys can pee anywhere and everywhere.

Johnny said...

Don't be fooled. Getting them to go in the toilet is pretty easy. Getting them to not go anywhere else, that will take a few more years.

Tami said...

Nick told me that he remembers trying to sink fruit loops. Try that? Good luck! At least he knows he's going to the bathroom...I guess it could be worse, right?

Em Russ said...

I have absolutely NO advice because I am going to have THREE in diapers. I'm not even attempting to potty train (because I've been there and done that once and know that there are worse things than changing diapers). Anyway, my advice... teach him to sit down!!

Kari said...

Set a timer for every hour or so and make him sit on the potty every time it goes off, then gradually push the time farther and farther apart until you think he'll start telling you when he needs to go. Emett did really good, but no matter how good they do, it is one of the most frustrating tasks as a parent. There will be lots of accidents . Good luck! Patience is key.

Tara said...

Oh no!! Gotta love little boys!

korrock said...

I'm in the same boat nat!! i just brought the potty into the front room so he can go when he needs too without turning the light on, Owen started taking his diaper off after he pees so i let him run around naked and tell him he has to go pee in the potty and next thing i know he is on the potty going it is really cute!! let me know how your little one does and how you do it! i would love tips too!! but two in diapers isn't too bad