Friday, March 12, 2010

Just Blessed

All of my life I have felt like the Lord has really been watching out for me. I have been very blessed. But sometimes when I pray about something, it seems like my answer is usually that it doesn't matter. Should I buy a Honda or a Chevy? Pretty sure it doesn't matter. A lot of times it seems like my answer is as long as I keep on the straight and narrow, I will be fine.

I do know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and he really does care about me and the direction my life goes in.

The first example is Casey.... Yeah, pretty much fell in love with him the first time I saw him. My sophomore year, he was wearing that yellow and green plaid shirt (he still wears), I thought he was pretty good looking and turns out he was kind of fun too. I secretly (or maybe not so secretly) loved Casey for years until he was on his mission and our writing "as friends" became more than that.

Casey and I have often speculated on why we never dated in high school. One time he took me on a lunch date to Javier's because he had a girlfriend and I had a boyfriend and it would please our parents if we went out with someone else. Besides that, we never dated. How come when Casey dated all of my friends (basically every single one) did he never date me? How come I was OBSESSED with him for so long and it never went anywhere?

We have decided that there must have been a plan for us. We weren't ready for each other. Dating in high school was dumb. If we would have dated in high school, one of us would have screwed it up. And we needed to know that after all of that time of dating other people, that in the end there would be someone better for us.

It's amazing that the Lord has a plan for us. He knows what we need in our lives and sometimes he just lets us figure it out. There is no way that I would be this happy with Casey if my prayers would have been answered 10 years ago to make Casey fall madly and deeply in love with me. I'm glad that Heavenly Father knows us better than we think we know ourselves and that sometimes he lets us drive a Chevy Classic so that when we get a Honda Accord we appreciate him... I mean it.

Example #2 of Heavenly Father watching out for me: The duplex.... Let's just say we have had less than perfect renters for a while. Their lease was up in April and we were NOT planning on renewing it. It just so happened that some of our good friends inquired about our rental. We said that we had tenants living there... Then out of the blue, the tenants couldn't pay their rent and moved out, just in time for us to show the place to this nice couple and PRAY that they liked it. Turns out the did and coming mid-April (after we patch the HUGE hole in the wall) we will have wonderful neighbors who we already love.

Seems small, and it is, but it is a testament that He does care about us and he won't let us wonder in the dark. But sometimes the answer may be "it's up to you"

Hard not to feel blessed when it's so blatantly obvious, eh?

4 comments:

aje said...

Beautiful post, Natalie.

Unknown said...

Oh! I feel the same! It's so comforting to know that He knows us better than we know ourselves! That's why we can fully and completely trust Him! Thanks for the uplifting reminder! :)

Tami said...

Such a good post. I think you're right. Heavenly Father definitely knows our timing. He understands us better than we understand ourselves, that's for sure. (I just typed that and then saw that Rachel typed the same thing but I'm not erasing it because I feel the same way as well.) I am glad that you and Casey ended up together. It's fun to have husbands that are friends.

Also, when I saw the title I thought you were going to put pictures on from Molly's blessing.

Love you guys.

Em Russ said...

my favorite part of that post was when you said you were "not so secretly" loving casey. He is totally the perfect match for you! And, you are right about all the other stuff too!