Thursday, March 4, 2010

Potty Update and Molly's stats

First off, sorry if this is too much information, but it's what's going on.

Benson is doing much better when it comes to using the toilet. He has always done really well when it comes to "number 1"... in fact, we haven't had any accidents since day 3 of potty training. I have even walked into the bathroom a few times to see him standing there peeing by himself. Even when we are at the store, he'll tell me he needs to go to the bathroom and he'll go just fine. Last night he woke up in the middle of the night and yelled to me that he needed to go potty. Do I dare say he's potty trained in one week of really trying???? I am SOOOOOO lucky that he's doing so well. I cannot put into words how blessed I am with such easy kids.

As for "number 2", we haven't had any accidents since we started! The problem is that he holds it in. He will not go in his underwear. He will start acting like he's going to go in his pants and then he'll say "I pooping, I not poop in my underwear". Then I'll take him in and he'll sit there and.... NOTHING. It was so frustrating because I know he needs to go and he just won't. We would sit there for up to an hour. He would cry, I would get upset... Then one day I was downstairs doing the laundry and I heard him screaming at the top of his lungs. So I ran up and he was standing by the toilet with his bare bum ready to go "number 2", but he just couldn't get up by himself. So I put him up there and he told me to go back downstairs. So I went into the hall and he did it.

I guess he just wants to do it himself. He always has been really independent, and this is no exception. When he was in a diaper, he would always hide to do it. So I don't know why I thought he would like me sitting there watching him now. Also, we are giving him some mild laxative everyday for a couple of weeks until he gets the hang of it and realizes that it won't hurt him anymore. He is doing a lot better with pooping now.

As for Miss Molly, she is doing great! Such a good baby.... minus feedings. She has been refusing to nurse for a few weeks, she just doesn't like it I guess. But she loves bottles! I keep trying to nurse her and sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn't. So my milk is pretty much gone by now and we are bottle feeding mainly. It makes me really sad that I am not going to nurse her, but it is also a bit of a relief because it has been so difficult to get her to eat that I just want her to eat no matter what she's eating. I think in the end it will all work out ok and she will still be healthy.

We went to the doctor for her check-up last week and she is healthy. She weighs 9 lbs, 11 oz (20th %) is 23 inches long (75th %) and not sure her head size, but she is in the 25th %. She is still in her newborn clothes, but they are getting tight, so even though she's still tiny, at least she's growing.

It still amazes me how in love I am with my children. I am completely obsessed with them! It makes me realize how much Heavenly Father must love us and how he really does just want what is best for us. Oh, how this whole plan of happiness really does make us happy. It is amazing.

2 comments:

Tami said...

I love your children almost as much as you do and I am pretty sure you know that. It has been fun watching them grow. Let's play sometime. Love you guys.

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.