Sunday, July 13, 2008

Missing You...

Casey left yesterday morning (at 3 a.m.) to go fishing in Alaska with his dad and brothers in law. They will be gone for a week, and even though we'll miss them, we are going to have lots of fun without them!

So far... (pictures pending)
Yesterday we went with Casey's mom, Crystal, Candace, and their kids (Benson's cousins) to Bear Lake for the afternoon. Then we went to the cabin for the night and came home this afternoon. After we got home, we got cleaned up and went to the fireworks with Benson's other grandma and Aunts and Uncles. Tonight we will be sleeping at my parents' house (in my childhood bedroom).

Last night was the first night since we've been married that Casey and I have been apart. Even when Benson was born, Casey stayed with me both nights in the hospital... I tried to get him to sleep in my hospital bed, but they wouldn't let him. I'm missing him a little and don't look forward to a week of sleeping alone, but I'm excited that he's got this opportunity to fish in Alaska, and we'll still have fun without him here.

So keep checking back. Casey has promised to post some pictures of his ENORMOUS fish!!!

3 comments:

Candace said...

It is crappy being home alone but we will try to make up for it by playing a lot this week.
You are welcome to stay at my house if you get lonely.

Krystal said...

I hate being home alone too. The first time is the worst! Good thing you have family around to keep you busy.

Hey, I tagged you on my blog, check it out if ya want to.

Jackie Greenwood said...

I totally understand about being home alone, it's the pits. But, it's great that you were able to get out and have some fun with your family.