Sunday, November 30, 2008

Blessed are the curious...

I love, love, love vinyl lettering, I've even seriously considered buying a vinyl lettering machine. So, one day I saw this little saying and I thought it described Benson perfectly.

"Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventure".

I'm sure glad I got that saying because Benson has had a whole bunch of adventures this week....

He must have just figured out that he was small, because we've had this cupboard for a few months now and he always plays with the stuff in the cupboard, but he has never tried to climb in. Until now.

We are trying to teach Benson how to share (he's terrible at it). Today we were having shakes, so I was sharing mine with him. Instead of drinking from my cup, he decided to blow bubbles in it, and this was the result.
We cut our Christmas tree down yesterday, so today we were decorating it. I put all of the lights on without any problems, and then we started putting the ornaments on. Turns out Benson LOVES balls, and so our ornaments were very interesting to him. He was pulling them off faster than we could put them on. And, to make his adventure more wonderful, he decided to hide all of the "balls" he pulled off the tree. We found some in his garbage can (along with shoes, clothes, toys, diaper rash cream, lotion, bath toys, etc.), we found ornaments in with his toys, in the kitchen, and in the bedrooms. Hopefully we found most of them.
Notice the black eye and the bruises on his face? Another adventure involving Grandma's house, a fish tank, and a rocking chair... we really don't abuse him.
What curious little boy wouldn't climb behind and under the tree?
This is how our Christmas tree looks now. Ornaments on the top half only. Playing with the ornaments was fun while it lasted, but I do want them to last at least until Christmas.
*NOTE: We didn't get a "Charlie Brown" tree on purpose. In fact, when we were in the forest looking for a tree, this one looked way better than the rest. But looking at it now, we realize that it is, indeed, a sad little tree. (I still love it, though)

2 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

I love the saying. You have a darling little boy.

Em Russ said...

love the picture of Benson behind your charlie brown tree. I'm going to miss that kid. I think he was maybe starting to like me a little bit...