Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In all things, give thanks

Since Thanksgiving is coming up, I wanted to post some of the things I am thankful for:

Casey...
He is, above everything, my very best friend. I never get sick of talking to him, laughing with him, playing games with him, and just being with him. I always want to be where he is. Sometimes I probably bug him because I never want to go somewhere if he isn't coming. If he's going to play b-ball with the guys, I always want to come. He takes such good care of me and always listens to my problems when I magically have a problem every night at midnight while he's trying to sleep. He really is my other half and I love him more everyday.

Benson...
He makes me laugh constantly. I think he is the cutest little thing. I can't imagine him not being in my life. I love to kiss his chubby cheeks and hold those tiny little hands. He is such a good boy, besides wanting to hit everybody lately. I've never had many problems with Benson, and I'm really grateful that he is such a good boy.

Family...
I just love 'em. My brothers and sisters, and even my parents, are my best friends (besides Casey). We love to go to my parents and just hang out. Casey's family has been nothing but wonderful to me. They do the funnest things. They always have fun parties with the funnest games. I couldn't have asked for better in-laws

Friends...
We're making more of them, and that's fun. I'm thankful for the friends I had in elementary, and even before that. Those girls are still some of my best buds. I'm thankful that they helped me grow up and were good examples for me.

My house...
I love our little house. I feel so at home here. I am grateful that Casey works hard so we aren't renting. And even more grateful that we have people to pay us rent! I love the things that Casey has done to make our house more ours. Paint, tile, rugs, towels, curtains go a long way. And I'm thankful for my washer, dryer, and dishwasher (thanks Mike & Gayle).

The gospel...
I honestly would be lost without it. I can't imagine going through life not knowing what I know. I feel so much comfort knowing that I can be with my family forever. That God is there, and that he loves me. That I have a savior and I can repent when I fall short. That we have guidance on the earth today, a prophet who is inspired, and people around us who can help when we need it.

My slippers...
For anyone who hasn't seen them, they are DISGUSTING!!! Casey got me some new ones last year for christmas because the ones I was wearing before were gross. But the new ones soon looked worse than my old ones. Anyway, I'm grateful for the comforts of life that I enjoy. For heat, air conditioning, plumbing, power, a car to drive, money for gas, food to eat, people to love, and carpet on my floor (even if it is carpet-tile).

My life...
I truly am blessed. I feel bad for all of the things I complain about. I have everything I could ever need, and more. I never go without what I need and often have too much. I hope I can stop and take a look at my life and do better. Live a better life. Serve more. Do more. Be more.

2 comments:

Em Russ said...

well said Nat!

Jan Haws said...

I am thankful for YOU! What would our family be like with out you and your cute little family. LOL