Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We're Growing!!!!

A few weeks ago, we planted our very own garden. At our last house, we tried planting corn and tomatoes and a few other things, but of course, I killed them. So, this time Casey is in charge! And I must say that watching our garden grow is so exciting! It honestly thrills me to see new buds on the plants!!!!

Just for the record, my excitement levels are as follows:
Watching Benson grow is most exciting, watching my belly grow is next, watching the garden grow is a VERY close third and watching Casey's belly grow is DEAD LAST!!! (just kidding!)

Anyway, I thought Casey would do this, but since he hasn't, I wanted to post pictures of the beautiful garden just in case it never makes it!


The whole thing. We have 4 "big beef" tomato plants, 3 cherry tomato plants, 2 cucumbers, 1 cantelope, 1 watermellon, 2 jackolanterns, and 1 habanero pepper.



Beautiful tomatoes (my favorite!)




The cherry tomato buds (I can count 8 here, see if you can find them!)


Our big tomato... I call dibs!


Casey's pride and joy, the habanero plant. It looks like it might have bugs, though. Hope it lasts long enough for me to see tears in Casey's eyes when he takes a bite!

5 comments:

Em Russ said...

can't wait to see a picture of the habanero tears!

Tami said...

Dang, I was going to call dibbs on your biggest tomato. Oh well. You're quite the gardeners!
Note to the plants: Just a warning, Natalie doesn't have a very good track record for keeping plants alive. I'm sorry if she kills you.
Just teasin' Nat!

Krystal said...

Oh I'm so jealous. I would love to have a garden!

Elder Haws said...

lol thats the weirdest sellection of plants ever.

Shauna Spendlove said...

That is a beautiful garden!! I tried to grow a garden once... ha ha it didn't grow!! I didn't know you were pregnant.. where have I been? Congratulations! Thanks again for the coupon lesson.. I got free aluminum foil on Wednesday!