Monday, June 22, 2009

Our Ride on the Open Road

We left on Friday afternoon for our early anniversary away. Benson stayed with McKenzie on Friday afternoon and then spent the rest of the weekend at my parents' house. He had lots of fun and didn't want to come home with us when we picked him up.

We drove to Logan and stayed Friday night there. We actually got to go see a movie in the theater, which we haven't done for a REALLY LONG TIME. On Saturday, we drove to Bear Lake and that night we went to an amazing play at the Pickleville Playhouse. Then we left early on Sunday morning, trying to beat the rain home. We drove through Randolph and over Monte Cristo home. Unfortunately we didn't beat the rain and ended up driving over Monte Cristo in a HUGE storm. Luckily we had ponchos with us, even though we looked like Dorks, we stayed mostly dry. Here are some pictures from our trip.



This was my view the whole drive. Notice the rain clouds in the distance.


Us in Bear Lake. This is as close as we got to that FREEZING cold Lake.



Us and the Bike


On top of Monte Cristo. Casey's poncho tore because of the wind.

Me sportin' the Poncho.

Benson talking about the bike.

6 comments:

Chandler Family said...

That little video is so cute!!! I love it!

Johnny said...

I thought people didn't wear helmets in Utah?

Kenzi Dawn said...

Looks like you two had a lot of fun! I had so much fun with Benson on Friday! I loved watching him even if he did break something. He is such a good little boy. That video of him is so cute! After you guys left my house on Friday, I asked Benson where mommy & daddy went and he said, "Bye-Bike." Ha ha! He is such a cute little boy!

Tami said...

Cute Nat! You guys are crazy taking the bike that far! Good thing you had the sissy bar and the saddlebags! :) I sure love Benson! I'll have to tell you about how I put him down for a nap. Love ya!

Nick said...

Fun guys, look like an adventure. And those helmets a pretty nice. Where did you find them?

Unknown said...

Benson is so cute! I love the kiss at the end!