Wednesday, April 22, 2009

In Memorium

Dear Easter Lily,


I'm sorry you had to die at my hand. Casey should have warned you before he brought you home to me that every plant I've ever had has died shortly after coming into my care. I tried to take good care of you, but my attempts have failed and I have been saddened to witness your withering away. When you return to that garden in the sky, please give my regards to the countless number of plants that have graced our presence for such a short time. Oh how I loved you, Easter Lily. Please forgive me.


Your non-caretaker,
Natalie

(We're lucky Benson is still alive considering my track record at caring for delicate things.)



5 comments:

Em Russ said...

or maybe Benson's just not "delicate"

Josh and Laurie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who kills all the plants she gets.

Tami said...

It died!?!?! I thought you said it could live in that pot forever! Hmm... remind me to never let you watch my future children. ;) Just teasing, I would have probably killed it too.

Unknown said...

LOL!! Oh your funny! "The garden in the sky..." Brillant. You're hilarious! At least your tulips at your previous house are growing, and they might have even looked like they were thriving! So good job with planting those!!

Lisa and McCord said...

Aw! You are a great mom. Don't worry. Benson will turn out superb. Love the way you wrote the letter to the lily. =) those pictures of Benson with the benguin were SO cute. thanks for posting. Hope all is well with you. I'll be coming home from Germany in 2 weeks. Cheers, Nat. Tell Casey hi for me. Give Benson a hug an kiss for me. p.s. have you seen any Chuck, the tv series? Well there's a guy in that show named Casey. I think you'd love the show. Check it out. -Lisa