Wednesday, October 27, 2010

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a deer in the Rhino's carriage...

Yes, I have been notified it is my wifely duty to participate in the deer hunt.
I have also been notified that I am, in fact, a "fun sponge".







Here is Casey with his deer. It's actually a really big 2-point (or so they tell me). You may remember last year, when Casey got this baby deer. Luckily this year it was a little bigger than that. We all laughed when they brought it back to the camp riding in the back of the rhino like this.


Oh, and I forgot to mention my other wifely duty: Hold the deer's head while the mighty hunter husband saws it's head off it's body. Then don't freak out when you're standing there holding a severed deer's head while blood and guts are dripping all over the garage floor. Apparently squealing is not attractive to the mighty hunter.

5 comments:

Brady said...

So Benson as a deer is HILARIOUS! That deer is a heck of a lot bigger than last year.... but where is Andy's deer?

Em Russ said...

Talk about LOVE!! (holding a severed deer head... uhm... no thanks!!)

Can't wait to see your Christmas card this year! ;)

Cristel said...

That is too funny...you are WAY nicer than me, no way would I hold the head!!!!

Tami said...

I agree that I would never hold a dead head for my husband. I love the picture of Molly in her car seat and especially the moose picture of Bens. So funny!

Jordan said...

I love to read your blog! What Benson said about where is the picture of you yelling cracked me up! He is so stinking cute! And tell Casey he's got it good cause if Carter asked me to hold a deers head as he chopped it off I would tell him no way in HE#$!!!!