Friday, January 25, 2008

He's asleep!!!

Some of you may know how extremely blessed I have been with a baby whose been sleeping through the night since he was about 6 weeks old. Benson has always taken good naps and slept really well at night. But for the last week or so, he's been waking up 4 or 5 times a night and has only been taking 1/2 hour naps instead of his regular 2 hour naps (except for on Tuesday when he took that amazing 4 hour nap).....

Anyway, yesterday I noticed that he had little red bumps on his legs. Upon further examination, I discovered that these bumps were all over his tummy, back, arms, and even starting on his face. So I made an appointment with the doctor and went in to see what in the world was going on.

Just as my mom predicted, he has eczema and the doctor also noticed that he has an ear infection, which is why his sleeping has been a little off lately.

So I came home with lotions and creams and drops and antibiotics and pain medicine... so hopefully these little problems will be fixed in no time. But as for right now, Benson is taking a nap!!!! Modern medicine is miraculous!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Benson! He looks so sweet in that picture!

Rindi said...

Wow, he MUST be a good baby to have been suffering so much and you didn't even know it!! As soon as I was reading about his sleeping, I thought, "Oh, ear aches!" But, yes, thank goodness for medicine. And I won't even tell you how jealous I am of your little sleeper!

Em Russ said...

yeah, I'm with Rindi! Man he is cute though. I love it when they are sleeping!

Tami said...

Nat, maybe when I have kids you can train them how to sleep through the night... Just kidding, but really I hope I get lucky like you are. I love that baby!