Friday, January 11, 2008

Just a sappy ole post...

I hesitate posting without adding at least a picture or two, but I'm going to try it out anyway.

Yesterday we went to the temple with Danny before he goes on his mission. We had such a wonderful time. I can't believe my little Danny is going on a mission. I try not to think about it a lot because I know that I will miss him so much, but I'm so glad that he has made this decision in his life. He will have a wonderful experience!

While we were sitting in the session, I leaned over to my mom and told her that I missed my baby, Benson. She said, "Just wait, pretty soon he'll be 19 and you'll be going through the temple with him." My heart about broke. It's so true, I can't even believe how fast the time is going. Benson will be 4 months old next week. He's getting so big. He learned how to roll over a few days ago and now he's rolling over (or tipping over) like a pro... but only if he wants to, there is no forcing him. He's getting his own little personality and I just love it! He is such an alert baby. He always has the widest, brightest eyes and he's always looking around like he's so eager to learn about everything around him. It makes me sad that my baby is growing up, but I am so excited for the life he has ahead of him. I'm excited (and scared) to teach him and play with him and love him.

After the temple, we went over to my parents' house and had dinner with my family. I loved that! My brothers and sisters really have become my best friends and I love spending time with them. Everyday when Casey and I are bored, we can't think of anything we'd rather do than go over to my parents' house and hang out with my brothers and Tami & Nick. And I really enjoy my parents. I've always thought how cool it was that I could be friend with my parents. My dad and I can sit all day and talk about anything and my mom has taught me so much, I really depend on her.

My life right now is amazing! I feel so in love with Casey. We have so much fun together and while I think the saying is way overused, he really is my best friend. I love spending time with him. Sometimes I feel like a hermit because I never want to do anything with anyone else unless Casey is there. He is so good to Benson and me. I am so grateful that he takes care of us. I love that I get to be home with our baby and I am so glad that Casey is willing to sacrifice to make that possible for us.

Even though the laundry will never end and my floors could use a good scrubbin', I am content with my little house and my little family. I love that life has been designed this way, to be shared with a family. What a blessing it is to have people who love us so much.

Sorry for the sappy post. But I just wanted to write down how I'm feeling today....
Natalie

3 comments:

Judi said...

Natalie...That was so sweet! I love it :) Life really is so wonderful

Em Russ said...

Awww man Nat, you got me sappy too. I wish I could have been there with Danny. Mom's right, it does go by so fast. Zack is like a little boy now (and Abby's a little girl) and I wonder what happened to my babies. Not to mention that Lila has turned into a total grown up! I loved your post. Thanks for being sweet and sharing your thoughts with us. And I want to add that I am sure glad you found Casey too. He's so good to you (and I'm sure to Benson though he won't change diapers...) Love you!

Nick said...

Nat, what a wonderful post! I loved reading your feelings. I have been feeling a lot like that lately too. With Danny gone now I miss him so much. I am glad that you guys still like us. I'm excited to hang out with you guys more. I love Benson so much too, what a cutie! Casey's pretty cool too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Tam