Friday, April 30, 2010

50 things I love

50 Things I love:

  1. When the bulbs pop up in Spring. I have completely forgotten about them all Winter. And then, wa-la, here they are in Spring!
  2. Molly's chubby legs.
  3. Yesterday I was giving Benson a cookie and he said "I want that bread in there" I told him the bread was to keep the cookies soft. He said, "I want that bread to keep my mouth soft".
  4. When we get in bed and even in the middle of the summer my feet are cold. Casey always lets me put them on him.
  5. My new kitchen curtains.
  6. When it's sunny and snowing at the same time in almost May!
  7. Wii fit.
  8. A very LONG hot shower on a cold morning.
  9. Benson's laugh. It's the best.
  10. Knowing that we're together forever.
  11. My dishwasher. Thanks to Casey's parents
  12. When Benson really learns something. Not just memorizes something, but REALLY understands it. And I taught it to him.
  13. Molly learning to laugh.
  14. When the mail comes. Even if it's junk.
  15. Every time Molly sees me, she smiles. Not just a little smile, but a huge open mouth grin!
  16. Looking back at what happened this time last year, 2 years ago, 5 years ago, etc.
  17. My tahoe.
  18. Having people we trust live next door.
  19. When Benson spells his name "B-E-S-O-N" Almost always forgets the first N.
  20. When Benson counts. 1-2-3-5-6-7. Almost always forgets 4.
  21. When I get Molly out of her crib in the morning. Her always big smile is bigger.
  22. When the whole family gets together.
  23. Having a bad dream (I hate that), but waking up to realize that it's not real.
  24. Sewing.
  25. Having a ward you love.
  26. Knowing that we'll love our next ward too.
  27. When the kids get hurt (I hate that), but the only person they want is their mom…. And that's me! And somehow, my kiss is magical. It's amazing!
  28. When Benson does or says something funny and he knows it.
  29. Christmas music. Maybe I'll turn some on.
  30. Molly's huge eyes. And when she looks at me… right at me. Like she knows who I am.
  31. The way I know that my Heavenly Father loves me. And teaching it to my kids.
  32. When Casey gets home from work. That is our favorite time of day.
  33. When I bring my cakes home from class and Benson says "wow!"
  34. When Molly won't let anyone else hold her or feed her. And she's so upset. Then the minute I take her, she calms down and eats. Makes me feel bad for the other person, but I love it!
  35. When my mom has the day off and we get to hang out with her all day.
  36. The chocolate peanut butter shakes Casey makes on the weekend when the kids are in bed.
  37. Having a clean house. It's even better if it lasts for 10 minutes.
  38. When the boys all go golfing together.
  39. Gayle's scones for breakfast on Christmas morning.
  40. Garbage day.
  41. Mod-Podge.
  42. The days I get a shower. It's even better if that shower is before 4 pm.
  43. When I make food that people love.
  44. Helping someone out. Especially if nobody else can or does.
  45. That Casey is a geek.
  46. When a project goes well and I don't have to undo or redo.
  47. House plans. I could look at them all day long!
  48. Our grandparents.
  49. My roomba.
  50. When Benson sings.


2 comments:

Em Russ said...

51. Emily

Em Russ said...

p.s. there were so many things that I was like YES!! I totally agree. I can't even remember my favorites, but I laughed out loud when I read "Mod-Podge"

and I love you.