Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Mod-Podge Life

A while ago, I was complaining (as usual) to my husband, Casey about how he had so many hobbies and things to do, and I never had anything to do. I was jealous that he got to go golfing and play basketball and yes, even go to school, while I stayed home alone with the kids all day and then during the nights when he was gone. So of course, Casey was very supportive (as usual) and helped me find something I would like to do. I signed up for a cake class (more to come on that), and started doing a TON of crafts. Turns out I love to sew, cook, paint, and especially MOD PODGE!!!!!

So here are some of my latest mod-podge creations. I've posted some of them before, I think, but oh well.

This was on old glass jar that Casey got from someone at work as a Christmas gift. We used to use it to collect coins, but I wanted to make it into a utensil holder for my kitchen because I saw this tutorial from Keeping it Simple. It is using the same fabric as the new valances I made for the kitchen.
My sisters and I made these Family blocks together. My dad cut out the letters on his trusty saw and then we mod-podged them with cute scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby. I stuck them on a shelf I painted that I got at Hobby Lobby and then arranged them on the wall with some black & white photos. LOVE them!
This is a bow holder for my baby girl's bows. I used fabric from Hobby Lobby and mod-podged it onto a very inexpensive frame from Hobby Lobby.
So, Hobby Lobby is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE STORE!!!
While we were at Hobby Lobby, Benson kept seeing these wooden letters and pointing out "my B!!!", so I got him and Molly both a letter for their door and mod-podged them with scrapbook paper. Not my favorite thing ever, but Benson loves "my B and Molly's M".
I got these frames for $1 at Michael's (not my favorite store) and mod-podged them with matching scrapbook paper that I had.
Same thing. His and Hers. Still need a picture for the middle one.
We got new brown couches, so my living room decor needed to change from black and off-white to BROWN and off-white. So I got some cute fabric from Hobby Lobby and mod-podged my Black lamp that I got at a yard sale for $2. It wasn't the easiest project because the lamp was so curvy, but by far, one of my favorites!
I also painted my black TV cabinet with some off-white paint I found at Ace, it was mismatched, so I got all of the paint for $4! Then I mod-podged the front with the same fabric I used on the lamp. Then I made a table runner out of the same fabric with some cute green fabric that I am planning on making throw pillows for the couch out of.

This project was for sure the scariest one yet because it's such a big piece of furniture, but I got the cabinet for $40 on KSL.com and the paint was $4, the fabric was $6 and the door knobs were $1.50 each.... so I figured it I totally ruined it, I would only be out about $50. But I LOVE how it turned out!

5 comments:

Em Russ said...

LOVE the lamp. Seriously, I would have never thought to do that, but it is so cute!!

Alicia said...

Wow that is awesome!! I really like to do things like that because they are cheep personal and fun..... except i SUCK at them! I can never come up with cute ideas and the projects end up looking crapy :-( Your look great though, so maybe you will have to give me some tips??

Judi said...

so cute. I am glad you feel like you have hobbies now! Good job! I need more hobbies...

Shawnee said...

super cute! we need to do more crafts together!

Kari said...

Look at you go! Everything is so cute! My favs are the lamp and the cabinet doors, very creative!