Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Where is the mom? Oh wait, that's ME!!!

All I have ever wanted in my life was to be a good wife and mother.

Probably because I had such a good mom who was always there for me and who was also a wonderful wife. I loved having my mom stay home with us kids. Sometimes I would need her while I was at school and I knew if I called, she would be there. Sometimes my friends and I would want to go somewhere and their moms couldn't take us, but my mom was always there for us. And best of all, when I was sick, I could count on my mom to rock me in her rocking chair (even when I was bigger than her) and take care of me.

Today I am sick...

And my mom is far away in Washington, D.C.
It's days like today when I wish I was the kid again, and not the mom. I wish I was the one being rocked, not the one rocking.

Casey is a good helper, though. He came home for lunch and let me sleep with Benson while he took care of Molly. When he left, I was laying on the couch and the kids were both sleeping. I guess when I don't have a mom around, at least I have a wonderful husband.

1 comment:

Em Russ said...

aww, Casey is sweet. And for some strange reason I know what you mean about mom...